Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Our 3K Pre-Schooler!



WOW! Our little Gracie girl is now in school. Yes, I realize that it is 3K and not high school or college but it was the first big step in letting my baby go.

With much aniticipation our day was started about an hour and a half earlier then normal. I had to wake my little girl up, gently rubbing her arm I said "Gracie....Gracie....time to get up we have to get ready for school" She stretched and curled back up for a minute and then said "I have to put on my pretty dress".

So, we ate breakfast and got ready. She looked beautiful. As we walked up to the school playground I could feel her hand clentch tightly around mine as she saw all the "BIG kids" running around. We met at the front of the school and lined up with the other 3K children. Gracie was not her outgoing self and stayed close to mom....arms wrapped around my leg. All the while I am thinking..."this is going to be hard". The bell rang and Miss T (class Aide) came to take us to Mrs. Bolstad's class room. Gracie eagerly put her Princess backpack in her cubby (she remembered from orientation day which was hers). I asked if she wanted to play with the baby dolls and she did....off she went. A few times I saw her look for me in the doorway....so I smiled and waved ...she then proceeded to sit at table with some other girls and I quietly left. I walked to my truck for the first time in a long time ALONE.....a few tears ran down my face but my heart was full of pride and before too long I realized it would only be a few hours and she would be back home.

It was a bittersweet day. My baby who three years ago I was still waiting her arrival is now off to school. She made me proud...she looked beautiful...she made a beautiful picture..."for Momma". And when MJJ and I picked her up the two of them hugged and hugged and she held his face and said "Michael I missed you"

What more could I ask for? Not a thing....I have it all!! I just wish it would last forever...I guess it will just in different ways! She will always be my baby!

HAPPY 1st DAY OF SCHOOL PIE PIE......WE LOVE YOU!


1 comment:

Leslie said...

I finished her birthday present today! It will be in the mail by the weekend and hopefully in WI by her birthday!

She looks so grown! Can you believe how big they are?