Saturday, October 25, 2008

On this date......


October 18, 2001. 7 years ago. Mike & I drove to Northbrook, IL and picked up at 34lb, 12 week old baby. He was orginally name Andre' but since Mike worked for Budweiser he wanted to rename our little boy, "Bud". I simply said that name is too generic and we agreed on Auggie (after August Busch). I rode in the way back of our green Excursion with a lively, loving, pee pee breath, innocent puppy. That 1.5 hour drive is where Auggie and I bonded for the first time. I was hesitant to get another puppy for not that long ago, we lost our dog Zeus whom I loved so much. Little did I know that Auggie would become my dog of all dogs, my once in a lifetime best friend. I honestly believe we all have ONE dog that stands out from all the rest and although I will LOVE every animal that comes into my life with all my heart, Auggie will always be a part of me.


He is the kindest, gentle giant. Alot of people cringe when I say we have a rottweiler but they are great dogs (it is the WRONG people who have the dogs you hear about on the news) My kids have used Auggie as a step stool and can take food out of his mouth. Now that Augs is 7, his age is starting to show. Not one grey hair but arthritic in the hips. With the weather getting colder he is stiff moving at times and gingerly lays down and gets up. Some days there is no sign of it and other days it is starting to bother him. He loves to sleep on his dog bed with his "blanket" to keep his bones warm. And still loves his daily walks to the barn.

My LouLou, I love THAT dog! October 18, 2001.....what a wonderful day.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love you Auggie!
Love, Laura & family