Sunday, July 29, 2007

GermanFest!!!




Yesterday was our annual trip to GermanFest as a family! We NEVER miss! And now that we have children it is even more fun! Gracie was dressed in her dirndl (german dress) and MJJ in his Lederhosen! Both of them looked adorable....precious beyond words! They had fun eating ice cream, fruit, potato pancakes (my favorite) and the best entree of the day....ice chips! Who would ever think that ice chips could be so delicious and entertaining that you couldn't get enough! But for those of you who are parents understand when I say...."whatever works" Whatever makes them happy! Grace had a great time dancing at the very front of the stage....I video taped and video taped some more....I laughed and giggled behind the camera but also teared up a bit at her innocence and independence. She is becoming a little lady....a party lady...but a little lady! MJJ danced a bit too but was content to have mom hold him. While Grace danced the night away MJJ saw his 1st fireworks in person (he has always been sleeping before) I thought he might be scared for the grand finale but he loved them....quote unquote "OH Boy" was his narrative. It was a late night filled with lots of memories.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ohhhhhh, LOVE IT. Love all the pictures! We had potato pancakes last night...mom made them! Yay! Ya know, we have a lot of German in us! (our family name is Wetzler!) I do believe we would have a grand ol' time at German Fest!

I have been shopping and shopping for your birthday! :)

I'll email soon! We're watching 'Norbert' tonight...not sure how I feel about that.